Welcome from Crafty Chicita

A big welcome to old friends and new. Follow my crafting adventures as I take you on a journey through the daily life of a creative crafter. Experience the successes and disappointments that are all part of my working day, but most of all, enjoy the ride.

Friday 22 January 2010

Knitted Wire Tutorial Continued


Following on from my last blog where I described how to knit a wire and pearl bracelet, I want to share with you some improvements that I have made today as I knitted another bracelet with matching earrings. Here are the knitting instructions.

Bracelet
Thread 24 beads onto fine jewellery wire. With 3mm needles cast on 36 sts.
Row 1: K6, K bead, repeat to end of row.
Row 2: K3, P bead, repeat to end of row.
Row 3: Repeat row 1.
Cast off loosely, working in any remaining beads. Weave loose ends into work.
Attach a jump rings to both ends of a 2-piece decorative fastening clasp and then to each end of the bracelet.

Earrings
Thread 8 beads onto fine jewellery wire. With 3mm needles cast on 10 sts.
Row 1: K1, K bead, K5, K bead, K to end.
Row 2: K4, Purl bead, K1, Purl bead, K to end.
Row 3: Repeat row 1.
Cast off loosely working in the remaining beads equally spaced. Weave loose ends into work. Attach jump rings to knitted piece and onto earring hook wires.

Now flaunt them!

1 comment:

  1. This looks fab. I wish I could knit! It's next on my to do list after crocheting :)

    ReplyDelete