Welcome from Crafty Chicita

A big welcome to old friends and new. Follow my crafting adventures as I take you on a journey through the daily life of a creative crafter. Experience the successes and disappointments that are all part of my working day, but most of all, enjoy the ride.

Tuesday 26 January 2010

Glazed and Fired Bird Cafe



A few days ago I showed you a photo of a bisque fired bird feeder that a friend has commissioned me to make. Well, it has now been glazed and fired, and here is the finished item. Michele left me to choose the colour scheme so I went for tones that would blend in with her garden but would also be noticed.


This photo shows the bird cafe glazed but unfired. I just love the colours of glazes before firing - so mellow and without a hint of how they will look when they come out of the kiln. Needless to say, I had to take a quick peak inside the kiln while my ceramic pieces were still cooling!

I also fired some pieces that have been made into earrings, rings and brooches, but that is for another day. Keep checking back!

1 comment:

  1. The colours are natural but also stand out in the garden, looks great! Hope the birds like it :)

    ReplyDelete