Welcome from Crafty Chicita

A big welcome to old friends and new. Follow my crafting adventures as I take you on a journey through the daily life of a creative crafter. Experience the successes and disappointments that are all part of my working day, but most of all, enjoy the ride.

Saturday 9 January 2010

Continuing Tale of the Poor Dead Cat

A truly sad start to the freezing day as a lady knocked on my door asking about her cat. I had to break the news that the little thing had been run over a couple of days ago. So we both stood in the kitchen crying. I learnt a bit about her cat's history - she had hand reared her with a bottle, her name was Lily and she had travelled across town for Christmas dinner. Apparently she was on heat and could have been pursued by a tom, hence the accident. It was a very moving experience to share in this lady's grief, but she was ultimately relieved that her cat was not lost in the snow or trapped in someone's shed. One of my cats, Norman, died only a month ago. He had late stage lymphoma and it was not a happy ending to his life, so I could empathise over this stranger's loss.

I have spent 8 hours - yes, 8 hours, finding Facebook fans and making friends all over the world. I have learnt that it is snowing in Tennessee and had an email of sympathy for my moggy loss from a lovely cat lady in the states. My Facebook fan page link is over on the right, if you would like to join the growing throng.

I've at long last fired my first bronze pieces in the kiln, and have to suffer the long wait until tomorrow when it is cool enough to open up. I'm feeling a combination of angst and excitement, but will know soon enough if I'm any good at this new craft.

Finally, I had to resort to digging out the old hand appliqued bed cover that I bartered for, 11 years ago on my first visit to Luxor. I still paid the earth, despite reducing the price by 75% but it is absolutely beautiful and incredibly warm.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry for the loss of your kitty. We lost our Kaleb at the end of April, he was only 3 years old and he suffered a lot. It was probably one of the worst things I have ever been through<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame! But I must say, well done you for offering comfort to Lily's poor owner. I hope you don't have too many more sleepless nights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for choosing my Folksy shop as your fave in your interview with NiftyKnits! x

    ReplyDelete